Electric Generators: How to Use Properly!Carlos Martins
Electric generators are equipment that converts energy. These devices need to be handled with due care they deserve, having to follow all standards and recommendations for use.
To properly use the electric generators, you should follow these guidelines:
- When refueling, this must be done when the engine is switched off
- When possible, connect a grounding plug
- Conductors and connectors that are connected to the generators must be used with due care, otherwise you may get an electric shock
- In relation to storage it is important that you select a safe space to store it as well as to handle the fuel
- The areas where the generators are to be run must be ventilated to avoid carbon monoxide being concentrated
- If the circuit-breakers are switched off, you should check the connection and the installation of the different equipment that is connect to the generators
- While the generators are working, you should at no time touch them, otherwise you may cause serious burns to the skin
On the other hand, it must consider the fact that the generators need to be properly maintained to avoid problems in terms of operation, but also to prolong their life cycle. This will ensure correct operation without power failure. After setting the power and acquiring the electric generators you are one step away from starting to use them and for this you must know how to effect your startup.
What you need to know to start the electric generators:
- First, you must place the generator in a stable and level location
- Check that the tank contains fuel, and if it is a 4-stroke engine, check the crankcase oil level. Confirm that the connections of the equipment to be paired are compatible
- Turn on the switch (press the ON button) and the fuel tap, if necessary. To start with low temperature, you must turn on the boot device
- If manual starting should pull the starter cable, if electric starter you should start the system. A few minutes after start-up, make sure that the electric starter is switched off
- At the end, you must disconnect all the connections and set the switch to OFF mode, if applicable the fuel cock must also be turned off. Never let fuel run out while the equipment is switched on
One of the fundamental steps in choosing a generator it is determining the power required to start up all the equipment you want to turn on. Always use the generators properly and get maximum energy efficiency!