The great advantage of a three-phase generator over a single-phase generator is the value of its voltage, being that single-phase generators are generally used to power domestic equipment and three-phase generators, in most cases, power large equipment. One of the main distinguishing characteristics of single-phase and three-phase systems is that three-phase systems have smaller amounts of aluminum or copper to generate exactly the same power as a single-phase generator set.
Therefore, when we determine a generator for a customer, the choice between single-phase and three-phase is based on the loads that this generator will have to supply.
What are the main advantages of the three-phase generator?
- Between two pieces of equipment with the same power, the three-phase generator is smaller and lighter;
- This type of generator is more effective in supplying energy. It is the most one used worldwide;
- As the torque of these generators is constant and suffer less vibrations, the total instantaneous power is also constant, which means that it doesn't suffer variations;
- The windings of three-phase generators are used more efficiently;
- As they are powered by three phases, three-phase motors do not use other types of devices;
- In these generators the total power is never zero.
In general, in sectors that need a continuous and flawless power supply, and which rely on demanding equipment and high-powered motors, three-phase generators are imperative.
To respond to these stricter needs, devices that use three-phase voltage have a system capable of ensuring and supporting an efficient power supply.
If you want the power system to respond to long distances, your choice will also have to fall on this type of generator. Thus, you will have an effective solution with great energy efficiency. Get to know our three-phase generators here.